Are bus drivers in demand?
Demand for bus drivers is projected to remain relatively flat over the next decade. Most job opportunities in the field are expected to be created by drivers who retire. Aspiring drivers will encounter strong competition, particularly for higher paying positions with public transit authorities.
How much a bus driver makes in Canada?
The average bus driver salary in Canada is $39,000 per year or $20 per hour. Entry-level positions start at $31,446 per year, while most experienced workers make up to $94,380 per year.
How do I become a bus driver in Canada?
- be at least 21 years old.
- hold a valid Ontario licence other than G1, G2, M, M1 or M2.
- pass an vision test.
- submit a valid medical report.
- successfully complete a government-approved School Bus Driver Improvement Course ( SBDIC )
- pass a Criminal Record and Judicial Matters Check ( CRJMC )
Is bus driving a skilled job?
“A job where you don’t need a specific skill to work there is unskilled. That doesn’t mean they’re not important! Nurses, bus drivers, supermarket workers are needed, but still unskilled. Fact.”