What can someone do with your drivers license number Canada?
Once they access your personal information, identity thieves can also:
- spend money from your accounts.
- open new bank accounts.
- change your passwords and contact information for your online accounts.
- apply for loans, credit cards and benefits in your name.
- rent an apartment or car.
- commit other crimes using your credentials.
Can anyone do anything with your driving Licence number?
According to motoring experts GreenFlag, fraudsters can use the driver number on your certificate or driving licence to open bank accounts, take out mobile phone contracts and buy a car on finance. This could all be taken out under your name, leaving you responsible for debts which may have been caused through fraud.
Can someone steal your identity with your driver’s license Canada?
Criminals can use your bank card, credit card, driver’s license or social insurance number (SIN) to impersonate you and steal from your bank account, apply for loans, buy stuff with your credit card, and even get a passport in your name.
What can a scammer do with my driver’s license number?
Thieves can use some of this information to steal your identity and apply for credit cards and loans in your name. Someone might even use your driver’s license information to apply for unemployment benefits in your name.
Can a scammer use my driver’s license?
Your driver’s license may not seem like a jackpot for thieves, but it can be used to create fake driver’s licenses, open accounts in your name, avoid traffic tickets or collect government benefits such as unemployment checks.
What can someone do with your ID number?
How Can Identity Thieves Use Your PII?
- Open a new credit card or loan.
- Change a billing address so you will no longer receive the bills.
- Open new utilities accounts in your name.
- Obtain a mobile phone.
- Open a bank account and writing bad checks.
- Use your debit card number to withdraw funds.
Is ID me safe and secure?
Your information is secure
We provide the strongest online identity verification available to prevent fraud and identity theft. ID.me uses bank-grade encryption to keep your personal information safe.