COVID-19 UPDATE: All Goodwill Donation Centre locations are now open, some with reduced hours. Know that we have a contactless drop-off procedure and are currently not accepting large furniture or heavy items (items that cannot be safely lifted by one person).
Can you still donate to Goodwill?
Can I donate to Goodwill right now? As with retail locations, almost every Goodwill donation center that closed during state-issued closures have now re-opened. However, we recommend checking with your local Goodwill to verify any changes to hours or how local Goodwills ask to receive donations of used goods.
Can I drop off at Goodwill?
When you drop off your donations at Goodwill, you’ll receive a receipt from a donation attendant. Hang on to this receipt. At the end of the year, if you itemize deductions on your taxes, you can claim a tax deduction for clothing and household items that are in good condition.
What items does Goodwill not accept?
Donations Goodwill CANNOT Accept
- Furniture that is covered in animal hair, broken, worn, torn, stained, or missing parts. …
- Bean bag chairs.
- Sleeper sofas.
- Due to the Digital TV Transition, Goodwill will only take flat-screen tvs.
- Excessively large/bulky items such as swing sets, swimming pools, unbound carpeting, etc.
How much of Goodwill actually goes to charity?
1. Less than one-eighth of the company’s profit goes toward its charity work. Goodwill sells free goods at a profit, but less than one eighth of that profit actually goes to the job-related programs they market as their primary pillar of charity work.
Does Goodwill accept donations 2021?
Our stores remain open and we are still accepting donations.
What items should not be donated?
25 Things You Should NEVER Donate
- Dirty clothes/linens.
- Ripped clothes/linens.
- Stained clothes/linens.
- Smelly clothes/linens.
- Especially wrinkly clothes.
- Cut off jeans. These items are commonly donated, but they are not commonly sold. …
- Shoes that are scuffed up/ have holes.
- Shoes that smell.
Can I donate clothes to Goodwill?
We accept a variety of donations, from household items to gently-used clothing. … Simply load the clothing you wish to donate into a bag, box or vehicle and head to the Goodwill donation center nearest you. One of our donor greeters will take it from there.
Who will pick up donations for free?
Here’s a list of organizations that will pick up donations, free of charge:
- Salvation Army.
- Habitat for Humanity.
- Pick Up Please.
- Furniture Bank.
- The Arc.
Can I donate a broken TV to Goodwill?
Donate it. Most charitable organizations like Goodwill or Salvation Army will accept TV donations, though you should call ahead to check if your TV is particularly huge. … If you’ve got old TVs sitting around that still work, consider donating them instead.
Does anyone take used bras?
Yes, bras can be donated to Goodwill. As long as the bras are clean and new or gently used they will be sold in Goodwill’s retail stores.
What items will Goodwill take?
Goodwill happily accepts the following new or gently used items:
- Vehicles—We accept donations of vehicles in all conditions. …
- Clothing, shoes and boots.
- Hats, gloves, mittens, and scarves.
- Books, records, CDs, videotapes, and DVDs.
- Games, toys, and sports equipment.