Ontario is among the top 10 producers in the world for nickel and platinum group metals. The province is also a significant producer of gold, copper, zinc, cobalt and silver.
What is Ontario well known for?
The province is located in central Canada. … Besides being Canada’s main economic hub, Ontario is also known for its natural diversity, including vast forests, beautiful provincial parks, four of the five Great Lakes and the world-famous Niagara falls.
What is Ontario’s famous food?
You can thank Ontario for some staple Canadian treats, such as butter tarts and BeaverTails. It’s also thanks to Ontario that the world-wide pineapple-on-pizza debate exists, since Hawaiian pizza was actually created right here in the province.
What are Ontario’s main natural resources?
Ontario is among the top 10 producers in the world for nickel and platinum group metals. The province is also a significant producer of gold, copper, zinc, cobalt and silver. Southern Ontario produces non-metallic minerals including salt, gypsum, lime, nephelinesyenite and structural materials (sand, gravel, stone).
Why is Ontario important to Canada?
Ontario is also the nation’s wealthiest province, having a substantial share of the country’s natural resources and its most mature and diversified industrial economy. It is at once Canada’s economic pacemaker and a major force in national politics.
What important things happened in Ontario?
- 1867-09-28 Toronto becomes capital of Ontario.
- 1867-12-27 Ontario & Quebec legislatures hold 1st meeting.
- 1868-03-27 The Lake Ontario Shore Railroad Company is organized in Oswego, New York.
- 1874-07-12 Ontario Agricultural College founded.
- 1875-10-16 1st Quebec vs Ontario football game, Ontario wins.
What are 3 fun facts about Ontario?
Our Favourite Fun Facts About Ontario
- Ontario has more than 250,000 lakes. …
- More than half of the highest quality farm land in Canada is in Ontario. …
- The common loon is the provincial bird. …
- “Ontario” comes from the Iroquois word for beautiful water. …
- Amethyst is the official mineral of Ontario.
Why Ontario is the best province?
Known for cleanliness, safety, and an abundance of quality public services, it is no wonder that more than half of the immigrants in Canada choose Ontario. Though Ontario has high taxes and living costs, their high salaries ensure that residents enjoy one of the highest quality of life rankings in the world.
What are 4 main foods commonly eaten in Ontario?
Top 10 Foods to Eat in Ontario
- Maple Syrup, Lanark County. …
- Pasta, Toronto. …
- BeaverTails, Ottawa. …
- Corn on the Cob, Southern Ontario. …
- German-Style Sausage, Kitchener-Waterloo. …
- Shawarma, Ottawa. …
- Wild Blueberries, Halfway Lake Provincial Park. …
- Cheddar Cheese, Eastern Ontario.
What fruit is Ontario known for?
In addition to apples and peaches, Ontario fruit growers grow grapes, pears, nectarines, apricots, plums, prunes, cherries, raspberries, strawberries and blueberries. Many newer and unusual crops like northern kiwi and Saskatoons can be found in limited quantities.
What is the most popular food in Canada?
Learn all about Canada’s most popular dishes
- Butter tarts.
- Montréal-style bagels.
- Montreal-style smoked meat sandwiches.
- Nanaimo bars.